Friday, December 20, 2013

Thursday

A break in the weather allowed us to get out of the house. We took a ride down to see Capt. George on the Angler. All the regulars were aboard and down to Sea Bright we went. I was hoping for some ling for Christmas (or a cod, you know I tried) but all that bit were blackfish. At times it was OK and everyone had a nice bag. On the last drop I hooked into something big and was battling it off the bottom. I was thinking maybe I had a cod as it was backing up my sidewinder. About half the way up I felt it come off and when I got to the surface, there was a keeper blackfish on the hook! What ever was on the line had that tog in his mouth but it didn't have a nick on him. I am thinking it was a big monkfish or a striped bass. Oh well, as Capt. George said "It's just another mystery of the sea." Now it's off to the trout streams, we will try the ocean next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment