Monday, December 7, 2015

That Time of Year

We spent the week getting things together for the winter haulout and should be finished by the end of the week. The weekend was beautiful so we took a day off and went to the German Christmas market at Lake Mohawk. Evelyn and I found the special candies and holiday treats we wanted and headed out as it became very crowded. A call to my favorite trout guide, Mike L., found him on the other side of town, checking his bear baits for this weeks hunt. We met up and headed north into the woods, down a road that I would never have ventured on my own. Less then a 1/4 mile in was one of the most beautiful trout holes I 've ever seen. You would not believe you were in NJ. A few casts resulted in some missed bites and Mike had a big rainbow throw the hook as he brought him to the shore. It was a fun day in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment