Friday, January 20, 2012

Another good ling trip

Yesterday looked like the last nice day for a while, so we took advantage of the weather window to get in one more trip. Evelyn and I were not dissapointed as the ocean was flat calm. We fished on the Angler with my old buddy Capt George and the ling fishing was great. Evelyn filled the tub with ling while I tried hard to catch a cod. I had a big bluefish (yes, I said bluefish) on for a while, a couple of short blackfish and one big one and finally a nice cod to win the pool. Everyone onboard had lots of ling and some nice blackfish. We saw dolphins jumping around the boat and a seal by the beach on the way in. I hope these ling stay around for the spring so we can make a special trip when we get started in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment