Friday, January 4, 2013

Winter Fishing

I am still trying to put a trip together for some wreck fishing, maybe next week. It was a nice day yesterday, so we headed to the trout streams. I was having trouble casting because of the ice forming in the guides and with the temperature at 25 degrees, I did not expect to catch much. Mike L. landed the first rainbow of the new year on a fly, and then lost his focus. I caught a small brown, and had a rainbow chase the lure right to the bank but that was all until we tried on more spot before calling it a day. After making about ten casts into a popular pool, we were ready to go home when I saw a fish rise. I kept working the area and was rewarded with a trophy brook trout around three pounds and two rainbows. A pretty good day for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment