Friday, June 1, 2018

Busy Days

The sea bass bite remains strong. Some days are better then others, but everyone goes home with fish. Yesterday, Evelyn and I headed to the beach for some more fluke. It was very foggy and there were only a handful of anglers and we had the place to ourselves. Fishing from land is a little different then boat fishing, as you get up close and personal with the fish. The first one to hit the sand was a nice 22 inch boxer. More shorts and a bluefish came out to play before adding another 20 incher for the cooler. The excitement for the day came in the form of a 30 pound cow nosed ray that had me running down the beach to keep me from getting spooled. After along battle, I pulled the beast to the beach and got my bucktail back from his wing. And I did all this with the "dinky" pole, ten pound fireline on a 100 sized reel and 6 to 12 lb rod. Good fun and home before noon for a delicious fluke dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment